Outdoor Worship Gathering
May 23, 2021 @ 5 PM
We will be gathering at Grace Community Church’s future building site (not their current address). The land is located at 130 Littleton Road (Route 110) in Westford, MA.
WHAT TO BRING:
- A mask – The current Massachusetts mandate for outdoor mask-wearing remains in effect until 5/29/21 and that means we must wear a mask even outdoors unless you are able to “socially distance”. So please wear your mask or face covering while moving about and whenever you can’t be 6 feet apart from people not in your household. You may remove it while seated. Thank you for being mindful of the comfort level of others.
- A chair and/or blanket – be aware that the ground may be very wet depending on the rainfall of the past week.
- Bug spray – the land has been sprayed to control ticks but not mosquitos.
- Hat and/or sunglasses – the stage is set up on the west side of the field so you will be looking toward the sun.
- Beverage – to reduce contact, we will not have water or other beverages available. Please bring your own.
Directions: The driveway to the property is next to the Seoul Kitchen, directly across from the Emerson Hospital clinic building. Look for our green Harbor of Hope flags and a sign at the entrance to the property. If you’re using your GPS, it may take you to a different driveway that has been blocked off with a small hill of gravel.
Parking: As you enter the gravel/dirt driveway, please drive slowly and follow the directions of the parking attendants. It is extremely important to park only where directed due to the softness of the ground. We don’t want anyone getting stuck! There are parking spaces designated for handicapped and/or elderly adults next to the one building onsite, closer to the field where we are gathering. Otherwise expect a walk of about 200-300 yards (or more) from the parking lot to the field.
Amenities: There is ONE porta potty located behind the one building on the site. There will be bottles of hand sanitizer available at the two tables at the entrance to the field. Greeters at the entrance will hand you a printed copy of the lyrics to the songs we’ll be singing.
Seating: To help you keep your distance from others, there are white X marks on the grass about 12’ apart. Please be sure to set up your chairs/spread your blanket around that mark. Do not sit closer to the stage than marked.
Worship: We are planning a worship event lasting about 45 minutes consisting of singing, praying, and a brief message from Hank Wilson, our Interim Pastor. We will not be taking communion. We encourage you to stay after the event to connect with people.
Children: This will be a family-friendly event, but there’s no organized activity for children. The field is not fenced in – the only boundaries are trees. You may want to bring activities your kids can enjoy while seated at the event.
Safety: We do have first aid kits on site as well as a fire extinguisher. Please see a FIT Team member in a bright yellow vest if you need anything.
Pets: If you need to bring your pet, please keep them on a leash and clean up after them.
THERE IS NO RAIN DATE so if the weather is questionable, check the harborofhope.org website or our Facebook page for a cancellation announcement before you leave home. You can also call the church at 978-251-3999 and the cancellation message will be there if necessary.
We are planning another Outdoor Worship Gathering for Sunday, June 27, 2021.
Thank you! Grace Community Church has graciously allowed us to use this land at no cost. Please be sure to pick up any trash and take it with you or deposit it in one of the trash barrels near the entrance to the field.